The National Quality Framework for Early Childhood Education and Care applies to most long day care, family day care, preschool and kindergarten, and outside schools hours care services. The Framework is a national approach to the regulation and quality assessment of early childhood education and care services.
The Framework includes a:
- national legislative framework that creates a uniform national approach to the regulation and quality assessment of education and child care services in Australia
- National Quality Standard that sets a national benchmark for the quality of education and care services
- national quality rating and assessment process that rates services against the National Quality Standard
The Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority is the national body that oversees and implements the National Quality Framework, with Regulatory Authorities in each state and territory.
Want to know more?
- visit the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) website
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- call 1300 422 327
- contact a state or territory Regulatory Authority.