The Australian Government has a range of initiatives to help all Australians, particularly young people with the support of their families and communities, have access to services through and beyond school which assist them to:
- make informed choices when selecting schools, courses and post-school opportunities
- connect education and training pathways with career choices and employment prospects
- access the broad range of community services and specialist supports available to them.
Resources available to help with career planning include:
- The Job Guide providing an in-depth look at a range of occupations and education and training pathways to support people to make informed career decisions.
- Career Information flyers are a useful starting point for anyone planning their career or assisting others making career choices.
- The brochure has strategies for parents and carers to help them discuss the options available for further study and employment after school with their teenage children.
- Career Bullseye posters are useful tools to assist young people to make school subject selections based on what jobs they can lead to.
- The is a downloadable booklet which includes the full set of Career Bullseye posters, hints on how to use them, and a list of useful websites.
Other Career Development initiatives:
- The Information for Career Practitioners page provides information on a number of career practitioner resources, available to download or view online.
- The National Career Development Strategy is a more coherent approach to the design and development of programmes and resources that support career development.
- The Core Skills for Work Developmental Framework describes the core non-technical skills that have been identified by Australian employers as important for successful participation in work.
Want to know more?
- The My Skills website connects individuals and employers looking to undertake training with training organisations that best suit their needs.
- The MyUniversity website provides students with access to clear, meaningful and transparent information about Australia’s higher education providers.
- The Job Outlook website is a careers and labour market research information site to help individuals decide on their future career.
If you have any questions or queries regarding any career development materials, please email the Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.